Thank you for deciding to become a part of our community at SCHOLARSHIP INFOS (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are devoted to guarding your personal data and your right to privacy. If you have any concerns or inquiries about our policy or our practices with respect to your personal data, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We gather personal data that you supply to us like name, address, contact information, payment information, passwords, and security information, and social media login information.
We keep personal data that you willingly offer to us when communicating an interest in acquiring information about us or our products and services when taking part in activities on the Services or otherwise getting in touch with us.
The personal data that we collect is dependent on the nature of your dealings with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you make use of. The personal data we collect can comprise the following:
Social Media Login Data. We may offer you the choice to register with the use of social media account information, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you decide to register in this way, we will keep the Information defined in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS”.
All personal data that you make available to us must be true, complete and exact, and you must inform us of any changes to such personal data.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — like IP address and/or browser and device features — is gathered by default when you visit our Services.
We automatically gather certain data when you visit, make use of, or navigate the Services. This data does not disclose your specific characteristics (like your name or contact details) but may comprise device and usage data, like your IP address, browser, and device features, language preferences, operating system, device name, referring URLs, location, country, information about how and when you make use of our Services and other technical details. This data is mainly required to sustain the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting functions.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We use your data for purposes based on genuine business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, adherence to our legal responsibilities, and/or your consent.
We make use of personal data gathered through our Services for a number of business purposes explained below. We use your personal data for these purposes independence on our legitimate business interests, in order to get into or execute a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for adherence to our legal obligations. We specify the specific processing grounds we depend on next to each purpose itemized below.
We use the data we collect or obtain:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party advertising associates may make use of the personal data you send to us for our advertising purposes if this is consistent with your marketing preferences. You can get out of our advertising emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may make use of your data to create and display content and ad (and work with third parties who do so) custom-made to your interests and/or location and to determine its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your data to run prize draws and contests when you elect to take part in competitions.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your permission, to act in accordance with laws, to provide you with services, to safeguard your rights, or to fulfill business commitments.
We may make use of or share data on the basis of the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may use your data if you have granted us explicit consent to make use of your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your data when it is rationally required to realize our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have gotten into an agreement with you, we may make use of your personal data to fulfill the provisions of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may divulge your data where we are legally mandated to do so in order to act in accordance with applicable law, governmental demands, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal proceeding, such as in response to a court order or a summon (including in reply to public authorities to fulfill national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may reveal your personal information where we are certain it is necessary to probe, prevent, or take action concerning potential infringements of our policies, suspected scam, situations involving potential dangers to the safety of any individual and illegal activities, or as proof in litigation in which we are a part of.
More precisely, we may need to use your data or share your personal data in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who carry out services for us or on our behalf and need access to such data to do that work. Examples include data analysis, payment processing, hosting services, email delivery, customer service, and advertising efforts. We may permit chosen third parties to use tracking mechanisms on the Services, which will allow them to gather information about how you make use of the Services over time. This data may be used to, among other things, evaluate and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better comprehend online activity. Unless specified in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your data with third parties for their advertising purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or pass on your personal data in connection with, or during talks of, any merger, sale of company properties, financing, or procurement of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may make use of third-party advertising agencies to deliver ads when you visit the Services. These agencies may make use of data about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are embedded in web cookies and other tracking mechanisms in order to deliver advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you elect to register or log in to our services with the use of a social media account, we may gain access to certain data about you.
Our Services provide you with the ability to register and log in with the use of your third party social media account information (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). When you decide to do this, we will obtain certain profile data about you from your social media provider. The profile data we obtain may vary contingent on the social media provider involved, but will often comprise your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile photo and other data you choose to make public.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, save, and use your information in nations other than your own.
Our servers are situated in the United States. If you are using our Services from beyond the United States, please note that your data may be moved to, saved, and used by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may distribute your personal data (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in the United States, and other nations.
7. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not liable for the safety of any data that you share with third-party providers who advertise on, but are not associated with, our websites.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no in-progress legitimate business requirement to use your personal data, we will either remove or make it anonymous, or, if this is not achievable (for instance, because your personal data has been saved in backup archives), then we will securely save your personal data and detach it from any further usage until deletion is achievable.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not intentionally gather data from or market to children below 18 years of age.
We do not intentionally ask for data from or market to children below 18 years of age. By making use of the Services, you signify that you are not less than 18 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and agree to such minor dependent’s usage of the Services. If we find out that personal data from users below 18 years of age has been gathered, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable steps to immediately remove such data from our archives. If you are aware of any personal information we have gathered from children below age 18, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some areas, like the European Economic Area, you possess rights that enable you more access to and control over your personal data. You may revise, adjust, or deactivate your account at any time.
In some areas (like the European Economic Area), you have some rights under relevant data protection laws. These may comprise the right (i) to request access and get a copy of your personal data, (ii) to demand modification or erasure; (iii) to limit the usage of your personal data; and (iv) if applicable, to data transferability. In some circumstances, you may also possess the right to protest the usage of your personal data. To make such a demand, please make use of the contact information provided below. We will give consideration to and act upon any demand consistent with applicable data protection laws.
If we are depending on your consent to use your personal data, you possess the right to revoke your consent at any time. Please be aware however that this will not have any effect on the lawfulness of the usage before its withdrawal.
If you are living in the European Economic Area and you are certain we are illegally using your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact information here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Cookies and similar technologies: The majority of Web browsers are configured to accept cookies by default. If you like, you can usually decide to configure your browser to delete cookies and to block cookies. If you decide to delete cookies or block cookies, this could affect some aspects or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based marketing by advertisers on our Services go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are living in California, you are accorded specific rights concerning access to your personal data.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, otherwise known as the “Shine The Light” law, allows our users who are California dwellers to demand and receive from us, once a year and without charge, information about sets of personal data (if any) we released to third parties for direct advertising purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we disclosed personal data in the immediately previous calendar year. If you are a California dweller and would like to make such a demand, please tender your demand in writing to us making use of the contact information given below.
If you are below 18 years of age, live in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you possess the right to demand the deletion of unwanted information that you openly post on the Services. To request the deletion of such information, please get in touch with us using the contact information given below, and include the email address linked with your account and a statement that you live in California. We will ensure the information is not publicly shown on the Services, but please note that the information may not be entirely or comprehensively deleted from our systems.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will review this policy as required to remain compliant with relevant laws.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US CONCERNING THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN YOU REVISE, OR REMOVE THE DATA WE GATHER FROM YOU?
Based on the regulations of some nations, you may possess the right to demand access to the personal data we gather from you, edit that data, or remove it in some cases. To demand to update, revise, or remove your personal data, please tender a request form by clicking here. We will reply to your demand within 30 days.