- ANNA Career Mobility Scholarships (5 at $2,000)
- Angelini Pharma, Inc. (formerly Alcavis HDC) Career Mobility Scholarship ($2,500)
- Janel Parker Career Mobility Scholarship ($2,500) – Sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc.
- NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships (3 at $3,000)
- Dare to Soar Career Mobility Scholarship (1 at $1,000) – Sponsored by Rowena W. Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, AGNP-BC, FAAN
Career Mobility Scholarships will be awarded annually to support qualified ANNA members in the pursuit of either a BSN or advanced degree in nursing.
- Candidates must apply for the scholarships.
- Current full member of ANNA, having been a member for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline date.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Accepted or enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree program in nursing.
- Each sponsor may request candidates meet additional criteria to those listed. Any additional criteria will be listed annually in the call for applications published in the ANNA Update and on the ANNA website.
- For NNCC Career Mobility Scholarships, candidates must hold current certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC).
- The completed application must include:
- Documentation that the eligibility criteria are met.
- Certified transcipt(s) of the applicant’s academic records, if currently enrolled, or if not currently enrolled, an official letter of acceptance from the academic institution into a course of part-time or full-time study to begin no later than 3 months following the receipt of the award.
- Three letters of recommendation using the ANNA prescribed form found on the ANNA Web site. Each letter author must send the completed form directly to the ANNA National Office.
- An essay of 250 words or less written by the applicant describing career/educational goals and addressing:
- Expected time frame for completion of the degree.
- Application of this award to meet the expected expenses.
- Impact of the completion of degree program on applicant’s nephrology nursing practice.
Expectations of the Recipient
Proof of successful academic progress (grade report or transcript) is required to be submitted to ANNA National Office at the conclusion of the semester(s) for which funds were used.
About Janel Parker
Janel Parker, MSN, RN, CNN, was a nationally recognized authority on nephrology nursing practice and served ANNA and the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) in a variety of leadership positions for more than 20 years. She was president of ANNA in 1986-1987, as well as past national treasurer and a member of the Nephrology Nursing JournalEditorial Board. She also served as editor of the first edition of the Contemporary Nephrology Nursing textbook. Janel was one of the founders of NNCC in 1986-1987 and served the organization in several capacities, including as charter president and director of testing, research, and development. She served as the first full-time executive director of NNCC from 2002-2003. Janel was committed to excellence in nephrology nursing and dedicated to the development of competent caregivers and safe, quality care for patients. She was held in high esteem by her nursing colleagues and was a friend and mentor to many nephrology nurses.